This tour takes you to Samburu which is fiercely beautiful with its arid savannahs watered by the lovely Uaso Nyiro River. It is also one of Kenya’s most protected areas and home to species only found north of the equator, from the reticulated giraffe to Grevy’s zebras and Beisa Oryxes.
The Lodge is built in an oasis around the natural terrain of this breathtaking volcanic desert and is attractively laid out with chalet style rooms overlooking the Ewaso Nyiro River. Natural spring water has been harnessed to ribbon its way in and out all around the property creating a beautiful landscape. Coupled with the large free-form swimming pool that flows around the lush gardens and tall trees, all this refreshing water lends an almost magical feel to this natural oasis.
TOUR COST INCLUDES:
– Ground transport in a comfortable safari vehicle for game viewing, photography and touring
– Full board accommodation and meal plan as described, B=Breakfast, L=Lunch and D=Dinner
– 2 night’s accommodation in standard rooms
– Service of an English speaking professional driver/guide
– Game drives
– Bottled water whilst on safari
– Start and end in Nairobi.
TOUR COST EXCLUDES:
-Park entrance fees at Kshs. 1000 at Samburu Park
– Tips for the professional guide
– Items of a personal nature
– Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
THE PROPOSED ITINERARY
Day 1: Nairobi-Samburu
- Depart Nairobi at 7.00am to Samburu via Nanyuki, Isiolo town
- Arrive in time for lunch
- Relax in the afternoon you can swim or take a walk at the lodge or sleep in the room
- Evening game-drive at four
- Dinner in the evening and overnight stay at the Lodge
Day 2: Samburu
- Breakfast at the lodge
- After breakfast go for a game-drive to the reserve.
- Return to the lodge for lunch.
- Spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing.
- Dinner and overnight stay at the lodge
Day 3: Samburu-Nairobi
- Early morning game-drive
- After breakfast, check out and head back to Nairobi to arrive late in the afternoon