This 10 days affordable camping tour will bring you to the famous wildlife habitats of both Kenya and Tanzania. The group shall get to descend into the Great Rift Valley heading to Maasai Mara and also visit Serengeti where you will track Africa’s elusive Big Five.
- Tour CODE: EAEKT
- Price per Adult: USD 1400 in a group of 7 pax
- Trip type: Group
- Service Level: Basic Camping
- Maximum Group :20 pax
- Tour Starts & Ends in: Nairobi Kenya
- Accommodation: Basic Camping in dome tents on sharing basis
- Transport: Overland Safari Truck
- Age: 20-40years
- Viewing Wildlife at the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve
- Game drive at Lake Nakuru National Park
- Boat ride at Lake Naivasha
- Exploring Tanzania’s known Serengeti Park
- All meals, breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport in a comfortable 22 seater overland truck with charging ports.
- Entry into all National parks ie Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru N. Park, serengeti and Ngorongoro.
- Activities, Boat ride in Lake Naivasha
- Mto wa mbu banana beer and cultural experience.
- All Game drives on overland truck.
- Ngorongoro game drive 4 by 4 jeeps.
- Services of a chef, Helper,driver/mechanic and proffessional Tour leader/guide.
- Accomodation in two person sharing dome tent.
- Comfy mattresses.
- Foldable camping chairs and cutlery equipments.
- Blankets, pillows and sleeping bags.
- Drinking fresh water
- Optional activities and excursions.
- Personal drinks and personal effects,
- Tipping for guides and road crew
WHAT TO BRING
- Mosquito repellent and anti malarial pills
- International passport
- Small blanket, sheet and a pillow
- Yellow fever card/ NB must have been injected at least 10 days before start of travel.
- Rack sack
- Health insurance
- Sense of respect to country laws, people and culture.
- Money for personal drinks and optional activities and excursions
- Tips for road crew
- Credit or debit cards NB; VISA- best option.
- Cash ( Dollars)
- Prescription drugs you may be taking.
- Sun glasses
- Motion sickness pills
- Sleeping bags/ blankets
- Sense of adventure
PROPOSED ITINERARY OVERVIEW
Day 1: Nairobi
Meet at a campsite in Nairobi, for pre departure meeting, and overland truck orientation.
Day 2:Nairobi to Nakuru National Park
Depart Nairobi heading to Lake Nakuru enjoying the scenic views of Lake Naivasha, Lake Elemtaita and the breathtaking great rift valley. Arrive at the park mid morning with a scenic game drive. Overnight stay at the campsite.
Day 3:Nakuru National Park to Maasai Mara Game Reserve
Have an early breakfast and prepare for an early start, stop over for an included boat ride at Lake Naivasha to enjoy close encouters with the hippos, water birds and scenic boat ride in the lake. Drive on wards to Masai mara, en route enjoy an included traditional masai warrior dance and experience culture, have a rest in preparation for tomorrow’s game drive
Day 4: Masai Mara National Reserve
Depart very early in the morning, for a hot air balloon over the famous masai mara. Enjoy the wildlife from above, we will then pick you up after a bush champagne breakfast and have a game drive on board our truck and enjoy an afternoon evening game drive. Return back to camp.
Day 5: Maasai Mara – Kisii soapstone
Depart in the morning, for Kisii a high altitude town famous for farming, Kisii is a famous gateway to Tanzania, on this day we drive and rest at campsite.
Day 6:Kisii- Tanzania, Tembo beach, Lake Victoria
Depart Kisii early and stop over for a soapstone experience, proceed on to the border and get our passports stamped, say bye to Kenya and officially enter Tanzania. Drive to camp, and pitch on the shores of the Largest Lake in Africa and the source of the Nile.
Day 7 : Tembo Beach- Serengeti National Park
On this day we depart for a long drive to the Serengeti National park, experience a transit gamedrive en route to the park. Experience the wildlife and panoramic views of the serengeti plains.
Day 8 : Serengeti National Park
On this day, we will enjoy an early morning game drive in search of the big five, we will later exit serengeti on transit to ngorongoro en route enjoy the wildlife and the panoramic views of the mountain.
Day 9 :Serengeti National Park- Ngorongoro crater
On this day we will be picked up at camp by 4 by 4 jeeps and decend the crater for an ultimate panoramic experience.Later we will get back to our truck and decend the rift valley to mto wa mbu, home to lake manyara. After pitching tents, you will have a local walking experience and enjoy banana beer, and local food. Relax in the evening.
Day 10: Ngorongoro Crater-Nairobi
Depart early in the morning en route Arusha town, heading towards the border, enjoy scenic drives and if lucky, view the highest point in Africa Mt Kilimanjaro, get our passports stamped as we once again get back into Kenya.
Arrive in Nairobi and set up camp. Enjoy our last bye bye dinner together.